As a Product Manager you’ll help in leading a team of Software Engineers, guiding and defining the roadmap based on the requirements of your stakeholders. You’ll be the “CEO” of your team and take the lead on building the strategy for your product and work alongside your Engineering Manager to get the best out of your technical team.
Product Manager (Fulfilment)
Our first Product Manager position is for a key piece of the puzzle at MyJam: supporting our Fulfilment Team in picking, packing and despatching orders. We don’t hold any stock at MyJam and so we have to orchestrate the rapid pickup of items from our suppliers, consolidate those supplier items in orders and get them despatched.
We operate “lightning stores” which are small warehouses in the heart of cities meaning space is at a premium and our item handling processes need to be as smooth and efficient as possible.
As our suppliers are small, specialised, grocery stores their data and inventory levels tend to be poor when compared to industry-leaders. This process needs to work smoothly while coping with inaccurate data and scenarios where substitutions and issues are flagged by picking and collection staff regularly.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with stakeholders - you’ll spend time with the Fulfilment Team to understand their pains and bottlenecks, turning these into requirements and features for the Engineering Team to implement.
- Learning the technical platform inside out - while you won’t be writing the code and architecting the solution to implement the requirements you will learn and understand how everything is built to understand the constraints and trade offs.
- Co-ordinating across teams - your team will have dependencies across the business and you’ll be key in making sure that blockers and communicated and managed.
- Defining strategy and building your roadmap - you’ll use your contact with stakeholders and understanding of the product to clearly identify and implement your strategy and defining the vision and roadmap for your team to execute against.
- Conducting research, designing experiments and measuring impact - using data driven insights to justify and guide the strategy for your product and roadmap.
Perks and Benefits
- Fully remote.
- Share option scheme.
- A transparent annual salary review process - discretionary between 5% and 10% as your skills and experience grow.
- 30 days + 1 additional holiday for every year you’re with us (up to 5 additional days).
- Flexible holiday policy - you don’t have to take bank holidays off if you don’t want to. We’re a global team so we’re never completely shut.
- Top of the range Macbook Pro, Thinkpad or StarBook depending on whether you’re a macOS, Windows or Linux fan, with a great external monitor and any peripherals you need.
- A new machine every two years (currently only Apple devices).
- Free subscription to The Pragmatic Engineer (https://blog.pragmaticengineer.com/newsletter/).
- A discount on orders placed at myjam.co.uk.
- Option to take a six month sabbatical for every four years service at 10% pay.
- A £750 annual learning budget with additional budget available for attending conferences.
- A £600 annual Look After Yourself budget contribution to help fund your physical and mental health for things like a gym membership, counselling or coaching.
- A referral bonus of £2,500 if you recommend a friend for a job.
- Free eye tests.
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave for primary carers and six weeks paid leave for secondary carers when welcoming a new additional to the family through birth, adoption or foster care. Full entitlement available if a stillbirth and/or miscarriage after twenty weeks - if under twenty weeks, then 50% of entitlement will be available.
- UK Only: Employer pension contribution of 3%.
How to Apply
As we’re a remote team communication is exceptionally important to us. We find that there’s no better way to demonstrate your communication skills than by writing a cover letter that details why you’d be a good fit at MyJam and what you bring to teams.
To apply please send the following to [email protected]:
- Your Name (required)
- Your Telephone Number (required)
- Your Location (required)
- Your CV or Resume (required)
- Your Cover Letter (required)
- Your LinkedIn Profile URL
- Your Website